Kings Smash’em Crash’em Demolition Derby
2014 YOUTH DERBY RULES BLACKROCK AND FULTON SPEEDWAY
1. Must be ages 12 – 15 with parent or legal guardian present to sign Minor Release Waiver. All drivers and pit crews must fill out an entry form and sign a release waiver. Youth must have a copy of birth certificate. Youth must be able to operate car on their own. Adults may ride but cannot shift or steer car.
2. Cars must remain stock unless specified. Derby is open to 4 or 6 cylinder front or rear wheel drives with wheelbase not to exceed 109”. *NO EXCEPTION*
3. INTERIOR: Must be removed completely – includes carpet, both rear seat cushions, headliner, door panels (may keep driver door panel). Dash optional – AIR BAG MUST BE REMOVED. Key start recommended.
4. WINDOWS: All glass (including windshield) must be removed. Side window net is allowed.
** 2 STEEL BARS SHOULD BE MOUNTED FROM THE FIRE WALL TO ROOF**
5. BODY & SUSPENSION: Must be stripped of all glass, chrome, trim, side mirrors, plastic and fiberglass panels. Rubber body mounts may be removed, but must be replaced with flat washers. No hood latches. Suspension MUST remain stock
6. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: One cross bar is allowed behind the seat running door to door. This is to keep from caving in – maximum diameter is 3”. Four point roll bars or halo bar is allowed, not extending to the frame. Cannot touch floor panel – must be inside car (not between door skins).
7. DOORS: Must be chained, wired OR welded (2” – 3” weld on each door).Drivers door may be welded completely. Paint driver and front passenger door white. DRIVER DOOR MUST BE WELL PADDED. Car number plates must be displayed on roof and the youth may pick their own number. Safety plate may be added.
8. BUMPERS: May be welded or chained but no metal can be added. Must be bolted on at the factory location. Stock only *NO EXCEPTIONS*. Rubber covers must be removed.
9. TIRES: Must remain stock size. Wheel weights must be removed.
10. BATTERY: May be left under the hood or moved to passenger side floor (must be held down by 2 straps and covered with a rubber mat).
11. GAS TANK: If not under center of car, MUST be moved to the back seat area, securely fastened, and completely covered with a metal cover. If left in original position, must be chained or wired in both directions.
12. BRAKES: All cars must have and will be checked for brakes and air cleaner.
13. HOOD & TRUNK: All hoods can be bolted down with (4) ½” bolts, wired OR chained down after inspection. Must have an 18” hole. Trunk lids must be wired, bolted, chained OR welded 3” for every 10”. No hood or trunk latches. if welded must have approx 18"hole cut in truck.
14. ALL CARS MUST BE AT THE TRACK ONE HOUR PRIOR TO SHOW - $5.00 LATE FEE WILL APPLY.
15. All cars will be rigidly inspected. JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL.
16. ALL DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ARE PROHIBITED.
17. Any contestant or crew member not obeying the rules and regulations will be disqualified. Drivers and parent/guardians are responsible for all crew members.
18. All contestants will have one minute to restart and/or make contact with a live car.
19. NO TRAPPING WILL BE ALLOWED. All drivers must stay in their cars while on the track. NO SMOKING IN CAR OR ON TRACK.
20. We will stop the event for fire, accident, or safety equipment not being used properly.
21. Safety belts, eye protection, and DOT helmets are required AT ALL TIMES ON THE TRACK. Long sleeve shirts and pants must be worn - shorts are not acceptable. WE RECOMMEND DUCK TAPING STEERING WHEEL TO PREVENT HAND OR ARM INJURY.
22. Car Registration entry fee admits one car and driver only. Entry fees are NON-refundable.
23. Any cars not removed by 6:00 AM the next day are property of promoter or fair.
24. JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL - WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL ENTRIES. Rules are subject to change without notice.
25. THIS CLASS IS TO LET KIDS LEARN HOW TO STRIP CARS OUT, BUILD A CAR TO THE RULES, AND BE A GOOD SPORT WHEN THEY WIN OR LOSE.
Any questions on rules or events call John King at (315)-750-6956 or (315)-899-2020
You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook at Kings Smash’em Crash’em Demoliton Derby